Welcome to Jue’s Taekwon-Do
We are so excited that you are joining us. Below you can find a little information about our program. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. See you in class!
Safety is extremely important at Jue’s Taekwon-Do. This is for the benefit of the students and instructors, as well as the observers. With that in mind, the following rules are enforced in the studio:
- No food or drink will be allowed inside the studio, only bottled water.
- Gym bags and shoes are to be placed in the appropriate areas.
- Observers are invited to sit in on classes in the designated area.
- No clowning around will be allowed during class sessions.
- Smoking is prohibited in the Do-Jang / Studio.
- No one is allowed to teach without instructor’s permission.
- Always bow to black belts and instructors. Use words of courtesy, such as “Sir” or “Ma’am.”
- Come prepared to learn and give 100% effort.
- Always have a clean and pressed uniform. Never be loud or boisterous during class time, but show a quiet concentration.
- Refrain from idle chatter.
- Show respect to upper belts and humbleness to lower belts.
- Never show-off at the studio or your school.
- Help your fellow students along the way. Set a good example.
- Keep the studio neat and clean.
Another matter of great concern is the safety of young students who are dropped off by parents. Instructors will stay on site until all students are picked up. In the event that a parent expects to be over 15 minutes late in picking up their child, please call the studio and let the instructor know.
If there is anything else of concern to you that hasn’t been addressed, please feel free to bring it to the attention of the instructors.
Progress Sheets to Move to Your Next Rank
Progress sheets are what we use to keep track of students progress so they may move on to the next rank. An email will be sent to you when your progress sheet is available at the studio for your to work on with a black belt. If you have any questions regarding your progress sheet, please email the front desk at email@example.com. The sheet has all skills required for you to move to the next rank. When you feel you can demonstrate a skill, ask the front desk or black belt to pull your sheet out to review. The black belt will ask you to demonstrate the skill and will sign off the ones that are satisfactory. If the sheet has been signed off, the black belt will keep the sheet and we update our database. Once this sheet is completed, you will than be eligible to test at our next color belt examination, which are conducted on the first Friday of every month unless otherwise stated.
Note: A black belt will review your progress during a class that you are not attending. Please wait in the front of the room until the black belt can assist you. The black belts will be available to review your progress sheet during the first 15 minutes of the class. They will not be able to review your progress sheet if you show up 15 minutes after the class has started.
Invoiced Dues: Monthly dues are payable on the 1st or 15th of the month, depending when the student joined. There is a $5.00 late fee for payments received 5 days after the due date.
Automatic EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer): We have a variety payment options available for membership, such as monthly and annual payments. We also have extensive discounts for multiple family members — just ask the front desk for information! 30 day written notice must be forwarded to Jue’s Taekwon-Do if you choose to discontinue this payment method. Includes email only, no text messages are allowed.
Training cancellations and refunds: 30 day written notice must be forwarded to Jue’s Taekwon-Do for cancellation or change in the student’s membership. All outstanding invoices and debits will be honored. Written notification of cessation of enrollment must be received for any type of refund requested. There are no refunds on unused balance. Initiation investment is not refundable.